Each year, races around the state, region and nation are selected to be the RRCA Championship races.
RRCA Championship Races
Since 1958, the RRCA has awarded championship events through a competitive bidding process at the National, Regional, and State level to RRCA member clubs and events. The goal of the RRCA Championship Events is to help the host club or event recruit top performing runners, attract sponsors, and improve civic and media support. A championship designation communicates to athletes and the community that the race organizers have agreed to follow approved guidelines in the conduct of the event. The RRCA establishes guidelines and standards for championship races, but conduct of the event is the responsibility of the host member.
- Following the race management guidelines in the RRCA Handbook & Guidelines Notebook is required.
- Having the race course USATF-certified is required except for cross-country or trail races.
Championship Events may qualify to receive the following benefits:
- FuelBelt, Inc premiums
- Corporate Supporter coupons for event participants
- Discounted services from Active.com
- Preferred pricing on participant shirts from sportscience
- Preferred status on RRCA Event Calendar
- Use the RRCA Championship Race Logo
- National and Regional Championships receive six awards from the RRCA for their overall, masters and grandmasters winners.
- All RRCA Championship Events may check-out an RRCA Championship banner from their State Rep, Regional Director, or the National Office.
Review the links below and send the bid forms to the State Rep (email@example.com) for a State or Regional Championship bid.
For more information on the Championship Events benefit package contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are links with more information and details.
RRCA Championship Bidding Information http://www.rrca.org/programs/championships/rrcachinf.pdf
RRCA Championship Bid Form http://www.rrca.org/programs/championships/rrcachbid.pdf
RRCA Championship Post Race Report http://www.rrca.org/programs/championships/rrcachprf.pdf
RRCA Event Calendar http://www.rrca.org/calendars/ (Post all events on the calendar for free)